Here are some of the highlights (and lowlights) of the weekend thus far:
- Sunburning my cleavage
- Being the first people in the theater when we went to see Star Wars 3
- Simeon buying me Snood for my Game Boy SP
- Getting to play Snood while waiting for the movie to start
- Finally finishing all the Harry Potter books on CD
- Putting flowers on my Mother-In-Law’s grave
- Running into my family in downtown Seaside
- Having Hayden announce over lunch that he “saw grammpa naked”
- Getting to walk barefoot on the warm sand
- Watching Jeni AND Emily AND Hayden all want to throw up after riding the Tilt-A-Whirl
- Seeing my Brother-In-Law, Jesse, singing and playing the guitar for songs HE WROTE HIMSELF in front of an audience
- Arriving home from Seaside in the middle of the night
- Getting to sleep in past 7am
- Jumping out of the way as our TV fell out of the armoire and nearly crushed me
- Simeon saving Frodo from tumbling to the ground along with the screen of our second-story bedroom window as Frodo pushed against it, trying to get away as I cleaned his ears
- Cuddling with my pups
And now I am off to go clean my entire house, weed the garden, paint the porch and do the laundry. Whew. I am tired just thinking about it. Oh yeah and picture from the weekend to follow. I promise.
During lunch a few of us ladies were chatting in the lunchroom and the topic turned to Harry Potter’s Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans. As it turns out one of the girls had just picked up a box with some of the new flavors (spaghetti, earthworm, etc.) and we were discussing how something can be both gross and good at the same time. Then one of the girls said she had never even heard of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans (I know! What rock has she been under??). So we said she totally needed to try one. We randomly dumped one bean out of the box for her to try. It was so fun to watch her trying to guess the flavor as we giggled with glee. Needless to say she got sardine! Once she finally managed to swallow all of it the room was instantly filled excitement:
“Do it again!”
“Ooooh! Try another one!”
“One more! Come on! One more!”
Ahhh its the little things that really help me make it through the day. That and knowing I am not the only one with a Harry Potter obsession. Heh.
Ok, I am just gonna lay it all out on the table.
I am a total slacker today.
I just cannot get myself to do, well, anything. It may be the fact that I just read about Carole’s daily routine, or that there is a project sitting in my inbox that I really do not want to do, but I just keep getting distracted. I just keep telling myself, “Ok I’ll read one more blog and then I will do it” or, “Let me just check my email first” and now I just looked over at the clock, realized it was after 11am and I thought, “Hmmmmm. I haven’t blogged in awhile. I should go do that.” So here I am. Procrastinating.
It’s weird, because it’s usually not at all like me. Nothing sits in my inbox any longer than necessary. I just like to get things done. I am normally the Queen of Efficiency. If something takes too long, or isn’t working quite right, I redesign it, tweak it, if you will, until its just right. But not today. Today I am the Queen of Procrastination.
And you know what? I think I kinda like it!!
On Sunday Heather threw a lovely baby shower for Chloe and Patrick. It was great to get to see their merged families together, as well as many old friends, to celebrate the little one Chloe and Patrick are expecting in July.
In true baby shower form, there were silly games, great food, and entertaining interjections by the older generations. In between, “Well I say! We didn’t have any of these fancy things when we had kids!” and “Oh my! What will they think of next.” I actually learned a thing or two. Did you know that when using cloth diapers if you run the diaper pin through your hair it will glide through the diaper better? Yeah. I didn’t know that either!
It was great to get to see everyone, but I must admit it feels a little weird knowing you are one of the few married women in the room that is not pregnant or the mother of an adorable toddler.
All I can say is I tried to avoid drinking the water! After all, I do have my schedule to maintain. 😉
If you want to see the rest of the shower pictures, you can go to Chloe’s Baby Shower in the photo gallery.
I was reading over at Joelle’s today and she mentioned the AFI’s 100 Greatest Movies. I thought I would take a peak and see how “cultured” I am when it comes to movies. I have crossed out those I have already seen and will make it my personal goal to watch the rest (Honey, I hope you are ready for this!):
1. CITIZEN KANE (1941)
2. CASABLANCA (1942)
3. THE GODFATHER (1972)
4. GONE WITH THE WIND (1939)
5. LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (1962)
6. THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939)
7. THE GRADUATE (1967)
8. ON THE WATERFRONT (1954)
9. SCHINDLER’S LIST (1993)
10. SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN (1952)
These have been the highlights of my day thus far:
1. Getting to chat with Heather first thing in the morning. I love it when she doesn’t ignore me when she is online. 😉
2. Enjoying a lovely morning snack of Babybel.
3. Getting my grocery shopping done on my lunch break and re-discovering the sugar-free candies that are allowed during the Induction phase of the South Beach Diet.
4. Meeting Erin in the hallway to “swap” candies. (I bought peanut butter cups and she got mint patties, so she gave me one of hers and I gave her one of mine.) It was SO 3rd grade.
5. Enjoying a lovely afternoon snack of Laughing Cow and celery.
6. Emailing back and forth with the adorable, and oh so loveable, Carole.
7. Looking back at how all most of my highlights relate to food. *sigh* Such is life on the South Beach.
I know it has been a couple weeks since Heather and Lindsay came to visit, but I totally forgot that all these pictures were on my camera. So better late than never, eh? Enjoy the perfection that is Lindsay:
Lindsay in a lovely “necklace” that Heather made for her.
“It doesn’t hurt in my ass and they dug in there!”
“I’ve had more people in my crotch this morning than most people have all day!”
“You just love so hard.”
“Oh you frightened me. I didn’t know who was touching me and why!”
“Carole, lets name Buddy “Mister Buddy”….oh that damn cat.”
“There are many things I would do if I had insurance!”
“I had my cervix cut off and I’m here!”
“Simeon! No poking Erin!”
“So….I see you are naked.”
“Sometimes you just need to be a lesbian.”
“God stir-ups are comfy.”
“Go to the Rack…get things for your rack!”
“You knew there were going to be questions! YOU KNEW!!”